Etsy

Friday, March 11, 2011

Personal: They knew what they were doing back in the day!

So, I thought last week was crazy… Oh … My…. Goodness… To… Graces… Alive (As Jordyn would say.) This week was CRAZY. I had 3 tests. BIG tests. One Midterm. Photo shoots to take and edit. Work. AND My mom decided I wasn’t doing enough around the house. Shoes to make. Save the date cards to create. An Easter video to edit. And a tattoo to design. And this was only up to Tuesday! But I made it :] 

Somehow in the midst of this I got to read In my book, “When Heaven Invades Earth.” And something really stuck out to me. The first paragraph of the section says, “A Very profound part of Jewish Culture was shaped by the command to keep the testimonies of the Lord.” Basically he is saying that back in the bible days, family life was driven by ongoing revelation of God. They didn't try to live off the revelation they had had a year ago, or even ten years ago. They looked for new revelation from Him on a daily basis. Which was in His commandments and testimonies. They talked about God and what he had done for them at night, in the morning, basically any moment they had they were talking about the testimonies of God and how wondrous His works were. 

That’s REDICULOUS. I don’t do that…. Do you? That’s something I’m going to strive for in my marriage and future family life.... and probably striving for it right now would be good too. Morning, Night, whenever we have time we are going to talk about what God has done for us that day. Testimonies are so so so important. Hearing about what God has done for someone else, creates an appetite for God. A month or so ago I got food poisoning or something. Anyways I felt awful. I didn’t eat for two days and if I tried I threw it up. The latter part of the second day my brother, Andy, another friend, and I were just sitting around talking about some awesome stuff God had been doing lately. I started to notice myself feeling immensely better, but didn’t think much of it. Once we had departed I got up (which I hadn’t done practically the whole time I was sick) and I felt great! Like really great! Something Kenyon said later was, “hearing the truth is healing.” And its just so true. We need to do this kind of stuff more often! Sharing what God has done for us needs to be a staple of our daily lives. I feel it would bring more Joy to our lives. 

Anyways!:] that’s all for this week.

God love you so much

Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment