Etsy

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Personal: My Life Lately

Things… how are things? Things are great! A little overwhelming. I have school, work, etsy, photography, an engagement, AND growing in God. Which should come first, but I admit that it doesn’t. Sure… I pray first thing in the morning… it’s the last thing I do at night. I study when I have the time and I’m reading “when heaven invades earth.” But does that mean that I put Him first. No, unfortunately it doesn’t. My one desire should be to know Him more. How does that happen? Spending time with Him. When? ALL THE TIME. We are called to be in a constant state of prayer.  Those who have grown up in church know this concept well. But many of us don’t function that way. That’s something I’ve been trying to work on. But how do you get to that constant state of prayer?

Photo Credit to Bluwi


The book I’m reading right now is talking about power. The power we have been given through Jesus. I’ve been struggling with the realization of the fact that we, those who follow Christ, have POWER in the name of Jesus. Its not just a song we sing, it’s a reality. When I say I power, I mean the same power that conquered the grave! Again, its not just a silly song, we have that! The book is talking about the fact that many Christians these days, that would include me, have put more of an emphasis on character than on power, when those things should go hand in hand. Bill Johnson tells a story in the book about a student he once had. The student said, “Ill pursue the power of God (spreading the gospel, miracles, etc) when I have more of the character of Christ in me.” Johnson then flipped to Mathew and read, “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations… Teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you.” He then said to the student, “Who gave you the right to determine when you are ready to obey His commands?” The disciples probably didn’t think they were “ready” either. It all boils down to obedience. Are we being obedient to God? Our character is shaped by OBEDIENCE. We can say all day long, “Well, ill pursue the power God has given me when I have more character.” (Which I have said before!)  BUT will we ever get there without obeying what the Holy Spirit would have us do? No, unfortunately we won’t. I have a great desire to go around and spread Jesus around! But unfortunately, as a somewhat shy person, I also have a fear. A fear of what people would think of me. But that’s a lack of character, and something that will only be overcome by obedience.





Those have been my thoughts this week.

God loves you so much.

Natalie

2 comments:

  1. Natalie, you have become the most amazing young lady, I'm very proud of you. You know my take on religion from when I was taking care of y'all. To me it is following the golden rule, treating others as you would like to be treated, to me that is being in a state of prayer. But it means different things to different people. There is no wrong or right way. Never be afraid to be who you are, because then you let fear/the devil win, correct? Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you too:] Thanks for your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete